Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Laura against the World!!


I'm at home, waiting on the electric company. They are rigging my meter with a laser because for the last six years I have refused them free entrance to my house and they never get to read my meter monthly. So at the end of the year, they always have to refund my account because they overcharge me. I usually receive my yearly notice that if I don't let them in my house to read my meter they will disconnect me. So once a year I have the following conversation with them:

Me: I was told to call this number or you will disconnect my service.
DP&L: your address.
Me: Address . . . . . .you know, I ask every year that my meter be moved to the outside. It is ridiculous that you would actually expect me to provide a key to my house. I have four small children who are at home by themselves and am not comfortable with a stranger having access to my house. I mean, I am sure that you all are very careful on who you hire, but no one can be careful enough. You know what I mean.
DP&L: (scheduling appointment to read my meter) . . . . . . . .you will have to pay 500.00 to have the meter moved outside.
Me: then the meter will not be moved. You can read my meter in December like last year and not another month.
DP&L: we will continue to estimate your bill.
Me: you do that every year and then at the end of the year, you have to pay me back. I am fine with that and can use the Christmas money.
You're like a Christmas savings account for me.
DP&L: can I help you with anything else?
Me: Nope, see you next December.

This year when they threatened me, I got a guy named Greg who is one his way out to my house right now to put in a laser thing that will read my meter from inside my house. an electric reader will drive by my house, shoot it with a laser, and be able to tell what my meter reading is.
Cool huh? no more battles, threats, anger. Just peace with the electric company, finally.
1 Hour Later
Well, wouldn't you know that the electric guy showed up (he actually specializes in gas) and I have this "CT Box" - now, the only thing that I know for sure, is that the "T" stands for transformer and that this particular set up is usually found in commercial settings. Apparently I have an electrical box that is so large, 400 something capability, that I could actually power 6 houses twice as big as mine. Why? you may ask would someone build a house with that much electrical capability? I don't know that yet. There must be some benefit to have a source with that much power. The guy, after speaking with the electrical expert, told me that it is comparable to the large transformers on the telephone poles. Thence, they cannot hook me up with the laser technology because if they pulled the face of the meter off and plugged in what they use in today's standard, it would immediately blow. So, we are back to the once a year reading and I have a huge box with a single piece lock that I never noticed before today and was told in no uncertain terms to never, never, try to unlock it.

I take pleasure in knowing though that I have more power than any other residence in Ohio. Finally, I know that I have more power than a lot of people and it has been documented. The electric company is Vectren. I will have a picture taken as soon as I decide on a dress to wear.

4 comments:

  1. It is possible that the previous owners did something like run an electric Kiln for firing pottery or some such thing.

    Who knows? Maybe they had some leftover stuff from a commercial construction job...

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day !.
    might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
    Do you want to become an affluent person?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://yvyzuzas.digitalzones.com/arotek.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
    There is no need to invest much at first.
    You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
    on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
    I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
    and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

    Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

    P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

    http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

    ReplyDelete