Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dinner at Mike and Jacinta's



What a great afternoon! Tyler Mary and I went to Flounders for Raw Oysters. They were $8.99 a dozen which is way out of line but it has been so long since I have had them we got them anyway. Tyler had never had raw oysters and he ate more than half of them. Mike and Jacinta worked a regular day and after they got home Tyler drove us over to their house for dinner. Have I mentioned traffic? Traffic is something we don't encounter in South Dakota. I mean, now and then we get behind a tractor or something but we never really have traffic. Here we have traffic and it's on bridges. I have been having Tyler drive and I navigate. Mary has been really good keeping an open eye for things two dumb guys miss. Well, we faced the traffic drove to Mike's house and had a great dinner. Mike and Jacinta cooked ribeyes, corn-on-the-cob, potatoes and salad. All of this was chased down with some good red wine. After dinner the boys hide in the den so the chicks could wash dishes. At least I thought that was the plan because we went into the music room and shut the door. This made me very uneasy because I always like to help washing. Mike has always had issues helping with chores. This was always a hardship for me growing up. Tyler and Mike played guitar for the rest of the evening while I listened. I know Tyler learned a lot about playing and really loved the night.

I later tried to discuss trading a couple of items with Mike but he decided to manipulate me so I had to stop and take a breather (strategic move). I've been a horse trader a lot longer than Mike.

Jacinta and Mary had fun talking about old times and family. As was par for the course, Mike and Jacinta went above and beyond in providing us wonderful experience. Today, Mike is bringing over surfboards. I am sure another lesson is in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment