Monday, December 21, 2009

North Platte Nebraska

We had to leave South Dakota a day early because of the weather. We were having freezing rain and the weather forecast had an ice storm slated for the entire run to Texas. We drove to North Platte NE and have called it a night. We have a room in the Ramada Inn. Not bad, clean but not the best. We just finished dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. That was an experience! Our "waiter" was either very new and left on his own or an idiot. The tattoo on the back of his neck said "Stout".  I asked what beer they had on tap and had to endure two minutes of him squinting at the bar trying to read the tap labels. I finally got a Blue Moon ordered by has to ask for it by name since he had problems reading. Tyler and I ordered wings, Mary ordered a Dip Trio (avocado, queso and artichoke/ spinach). "Stout: returned after 10 minutes with Tyler and my order and then told us they were out of avocado dip. I asked him to simply bring us chips and queso. 5 minutes later he brought us chips. I asked him where the queso was and he said, "the chips are free, I don't even know what queso is". None-the-less, we had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment